Author Topic: Newbie events?  (Read 667 times)

kwiksilver63

• Board Member
  • Public Access
    • View Profile
Newbie events?
« on: July 05, 2020, 09:32:10 am »
We've been discussing ideas about how to arrange some events for people who are new to the group, new to the area and/or new to kink. We're looking for feedback from anyone and everyone.
When and how often should this occur?
Also, where should this happen?
Should it be focused on anything in particular, or include a presentation, or should it just be an open time for questions and "get to know you"?
Should it have a title?

Thank you to everyone for helping this discussion! We need ideas.

Edge

• Board Member
  • Public Access
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie events?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 03:12:27 pm »
I feel like it should happen maybe once a month or every other month.  I would think an event that is in addition to other events.  No idea as to where or anything.  I would think not having presentations given someone is coming in potentially completely new.  I would feel like it would be overwhelming?  However, I've not been new for a while, so I don't know what considerations have gone into what new people consider when wanting to come out and meet people.  I would very much welcome any new people or those who have never been to an event to offer feedback on this thread, as it is something we want to develop specifically for someone like you.  :)

Title: Newbie Night?  :D

kwiksilver63

• Board Member
  • Public Access
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 02:50:19 pm »
Thanks for your feedback, Edge!
I'd like to start with one event and maybe then see what attendees would like in the future, whether every month, every other month, quarterly or something else.
Given that we would like to discuss kink, I'm not sure we can really use a location that might be appropriate for a munch. Should we consider doing this in a late afternoon or early evening before a play party, maybe on one of the dates that we don't have a class? Wondering about how to stimulate conversation. Would it be attractive to have an experienced member start with "How I got started in kink and the kink community"? Or is it better to simply say that it's newbie night and please come meet us? In looking at surrounding cities, I notice that one place has a panel discussion on newbie nights. I haven't been to it myself, but have heard from one or two who have enjoyed it.
Anyone else like to offer opinions?

John

• Members
  • Public Access
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 09:29:09 am »
I think this is a great idea. Perhaps some thing more kink focused then a general munch. I could help brainstorm to come up with location places. I would think A mixture of classes and discussions or topics would work well. Munches are great for people who want to do the get to know you part and socialize. but something more formal like reinstating a rope class or a discussion on spanking allows people to come and sit in without the expectation of having to say to much. Also it certainly gives a feeling of organization which often equals safety.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 09:31:52 am by John »

kwiksilver63

• Board Member
  • Public Access
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 04:46:41 pm »
Thanks John. I really appreciate your opinions. Let's talk more about location, time and topic. Do you think the afternoon before a play party works? A panel discussion and possibly demo about spanking? That's a possibility.

Of course we all miss rope! To restart that, we need a venue. Actually, we should start a whole different discussion about that because it wasn't ever a PR thing in the past.

Great ideas, and I appreciate your feedback!  :)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 01:31:50 am by Edge »