Author Topic: Hot Wax  (Read 883 times)

redhots

• Public Access
    • View Profile
Hot Wax
« on: January 08, 2015, 10:47:49 am »
Does anyone have any experience with hot wax?  Can you use any candle or are there special candles? I want to try but definitely don't want to be injured.

Dmb

• Public Access
    • View Profile
Re: Hot Wax
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 03:20:26 pm »
Good question. I loved the one experience I had with wax. That sharp sting and lingering heat on your bare skin.

Also one of the best questions to ask when it comes to wax play. Not all candles are the same. First rule is to avoid anything scented. Gel candles are WAAAAY too hot. Always avoid them.

From there, most standard unscented undyed pillars or taper candles with cotton wicks should be good, but it never hurts to do a few tests to find out what the melting point is on that particular candle. When dripping, you can always start from higher up to let the droplet cool a bit, and work closer to the skin as the recipient warms up.

Lastly, always make sure communication is clear and open, with a safe word, or possibly a hand signal.

Edge

• Board Member
  • Public Access
    • View Profile
Re: Hot Wax
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 02:29:01 am »
I've heard good things of votive candles.  I had a friend that swore by the kind that you'd find in churches, etc.  They apparently have a low melting point, so were much less likely to burn.